How Grant Recipients Are Selected:
- Recommendations for grants or loans in furtherance of the Fund’s purposes are submitted to the Veterans Housing Assistance Fund Committee.
- The Committee evaluates applications for grants or loans under established written guidelines that allow it to identify those that they regard as most worthy.
- An initial short outline would be presented describing the project.
- An initial assessment would be undertaken by the Committee, and if approved, the applicant would be asked to fill out a more detailed final application.
- That application would be reviewed by the Committee and, if approved, the Foundation would be advised of the Committee’s recommendation and would disburse the funds.